Friday, May 18, 2012

Maturity

How exactly do you define that huh? Is there an official scale somewhere? I wish there are. Sometimes.


All I know is, when you look back to the time when you were younger, and remember those things you said, and feel that that was really really immature of you, well, then you are even more mature now than you are back then. Because to me, those people who think they are mature are the ones who are the most immature actually. You might think is your everyday action that counts. Oh, you don't watch cartoons? You don't play pretend? You don't play little children's game? Then you must be sooooo mature. NOT. Maturity is based on your mental capability. How you think, how you analyse a situation, how you react in certain cases or conflicts, how you interact with other people, how your brain functions basically. 


Looking back, I can't help but feel how childish I was back then.But I for one know that I am far from being mature. There are still so many little things in live which really irks me even though I know I am supposed to let it go. At least that's what a mature people supposed to do, I think.


Ah well, everybody's definition is different. This is such a metaphorical thing after all. Cheers, and may your brain continue growing wiser each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment